Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Honeymoon Phase


I've seen it time and time again.

Girl gets boyfriend. Girl gushes about boyfriend endlessly and is in pure bliss for a period of time.

I call it the honeymoon phase.

During the honeymoon phase, the new significant other is brought into every random conversation. Every other tweet/Facebook status is about them while friends "ooh" and "ahh".

There is something about a new relationship that can give someone a sense of euphoria that makes them want to share their love with the world.

Well, I've never been that girl.

You see, I've never been good at expressing my feelings. I've been in a relationship for almost two years and I love that man with all my heart. However, the thought of talking about my relationship incessantly over the internet or anywhere else freaks me out.

When I get the urge, the embarrassment takes over. I don't know what it is. I just know it scares the shit out of me. To tell the truth, I've edited the crap out of this ramble to keep myself from getting embarrassed. I don't know what it is. I guess I just have to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment