Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 3: Letter to My Parents



Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I have no idea what to write and I'm not in a mushy mood so I'll just...write.

I'm happy...I guess. My grades are decent, my relationship is going well, my extracurriculars are fine too. I just feel like I need to plan out my next move. My mentor helped me realize that grad school probably isn't my best choice right now and frankly, I'm fine with that. I think I'll just try my hand in the field for a year and if it don't work out, to grad school I go. Maybe I'll travel. Who knows. I just hope I have your support in whatever I choose to do. I just want y'all to be proud of me. That's all. Nothing more. My worst fear is disappointing either of you, even if one of you is deceased and the other one is probably in the next room. That's all. And ma, I'm taking that random advice you gave me yesterday, I'm gonna let go some of that control. I want to find my passion. I plan to apply that to every part of my life. I'm sick of choosing not to attempt something because I'm scared I'll get told no. Hell, that's the worse they can do to me. Tell me no. I'm gonna try a different approach. I'm gonna loosen the reins and try. That's the least I can do. I just want your support and I just want you to be proud. That's all. Okay, I'm done.

Love,
Ashleigh

(And yes, I realized I used a bad word.)

No comments:

Post a Comment