Tuesday, February 22, 2011

To My Other Half...

Dear You,

You requested that I write this because you saw my ill-fated letter writing challenge and wanted a letter of your own. Here goes nothing.

I've written notes to you before so I'll admit, I'm winging it right now because I don't know if there is much more I can say.

Wait, I got it.

Do you remember when I was talking about the future and expressed worry over the possibility of having to relocate. You told me that you'd go with me. You don't know how much of a weight your words had lifted off of my shoulders.

As graduation nears and the reality of having to find a job starts to hit, one of the things that has plagued me as I make my plans is the possibility that an plans I make could affect negatively affect our relationship and ultimately end it. I'm sure there are people that think I am too young to be thinking like that but I can't help my feelings. I see us having a future. Do I know what that future is? Hell no but I see one there and I don't want to jeopardize it.  

I just want you to promise me something. Please follow your dreams, whether they include me or not. I want you to be happy and I don't want you to look back and regret anything. I'll support you. 

I love you with every fiber of my being.

Ashleigh

(P.S. Happy now? lol) 

No comments:

Post a Comment